Click on a position to view more information.
All applications must be received by the posted deadline specified in the job listing for the vacancy. Where there is no date, the position will be posted until it is filled. Applications will only be accepted for positions that are currently vacant.
Communications Officer On-Call
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.05 per hour 12-Hour Shift
- Announcement Date:08/01/2017
Duties: Will receive incoming emergency and non-emergency calls. Incumbent is expected to dispatch calls for law enforcement, fire, Emergency Services personnel and other officials. Will maintain accurate and complete dispatch records, monitor radio communications and provide directions to officials, as needed.
Job Tasks: Represents the majority of the time spent working in class. Management may assign additional tasks as necessary.
- Receives, monitors, and dispatches radio communications traffic for EMS, Fire, and Sheriff’s Departments throughout the county, including all 911 calls.
- Dispatches the appropriate emergency personnel to incident locations; maintains radio contact with emergency personnel in the field; provides emergency medical instructions to callers prior to the arrival of emergency personnel as appropriate.
- Monitors weather conditions; initiates weather alert system as necessary.
- Dispatches wrecker service to accident scenes.
- Enters and retrieves data from the National Crime Information Center network; provides driver’s license and license plate requests for officers in the field; verifies identify of wanted persons.
- Verifies addresses.
- Prepares criminal background checks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Requires high school diploma or GED equivalent. Minimum 2-3 years related experience. Knowledge of: applicable federal, state, and local statutes; understanding of geography and road system of Jasper County; radio codes used in public safety work; operating radio and communications equipment and excellent telephone manner. The ability to listen to details and take information accurately and excellent computer skills are essential to success in this position.
Application Procedure: Submit application to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-line at www.jaspercountysc.org. or, may be obtained in person at Jasper County Government Complex, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland SC 29936. APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS SLED CRIMIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. No phone calls please. Jasper County participates in the E-Verify Program.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER